An applicant for a license as a resident insurance consultant shall apply for the license as provided in ORS 744.001 and must meet the following requirements:
(1) The applicant must provide satisfactory evidence to the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services that the insurance required under ORS 744.635 has been procured and is in effect.
(2) The applicant, if an individual, must establish a residence or place of transacting insurance business in this state prior to filing an application. If the application is a firm or corporation, the applicant must establish an office in this state that is managed by an individual licensed as an insurance consultant.
(3) The applicant, if an individual, must have had at least five yearsí experience in the insurance business relating to the class or classes of insurance for which the applicant is applying to be an insurance consultant or have equivalent educational qualifications as prescribed by the director.
(4) The applicant, if an individual, must pass a written examination given by the director. The examination requirement does not apply to an applicant who is licensed as a resident insurance producer to transact the class or classes of insurance for which the applicant is applying to be an insurance consultant.
(5) The applicant must satisfy any other requirements established by the director by rule. [1985 c.697 §5; 1989 c.701 §57; 1991 c.810 §17; 2003 c.364 §124]Section: Previous 744.580 744.590 744.600 744.605 744.609 744.610 744.615 744.619 744.620 744.621 744.625 744.626 744.629 744.630 744.631 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008