(1) A reinsurer may not engage the services of any person to act as a reinsurance intermediary manager on its behalf unless the person is licensed to act as a reinsurance intermediary manager as required by ORS 744.800.
(2) A reinsurer shall annually obtain a copy of statements of the financial condition of each reinsurance intermediary manager that the reinsurer has engaged. Each statement must be prepared by an independent certified public accountant in a form acceptable to the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services.
(3) If a reinsurance intermediary manager establishes loss reserves, the reinsurer shall annually obtain the opinion of an actuary who is in good standing of the American Academy of Actuaries, attesting to the adequacy of loss reserves established for losses incurred and outstanding on business produced by the reinsurance intermediary manager. The opinion must be in addition to any other required loss reserve certification.
(4) Binding authority for all retrocessional contracts or participation in reinsurance syndicates must rest with an officer of the reinsurer who is not affiliated with the reinsurance intermediary manager.
(5) Not later than the 30th day after termination of a contract with a reinsurance intermediary manager, the reinsurer shall provide written notification of the termination to the director.
(6) A reinsurer may not appoint to its board of directors any officer, director, employee, controlling shareholder or subproducer of its reinsurance intermediary manager. This subsection does not apply to relationships governed by ORS 732.517 to 732.592. [1993 c.447 §81; 2003 c.364 §34]Section: Previous 744.800 744.802 744.804 744.806 744.808 744.810 744.812 744.814 744.816 744.818 744.820 744.850 744.852 744.854 744.856 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008