(1) If a person asks an applicant for insurance to take a genetic test in connection with an application for insurance, the use of the test shall be revealed to the applicant and the person shall obtain the specific authorization of the applicant using a form adopted by the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services by rule.
(2) A person may not use favorable genetic information to induce the purchase of insurance.
(3) A person may not use genetic information to reject, deny, limit, cancel, refuse to renew, increase the rates of, affect the terms and conditions of or otherwise affect any policy for hospital or medical expenses.
(4) A person may not use genetic information about a blood relative to reject, deny, limit, cancel, refuse to renew, increase the rates of, affect the terms and conditions of or otherwise affect any policy of insurance.
(5) For purposes of this section, “blood relative,” “genetic information” and “genetic test” have the meanings given those terms in ORS 192.531. [1995 c.680 §8; 2001 c.588 §17]Section: Previous 746.090 746.100 746.110 746.115 746.120 746.125 746.130 746.135 746.140 746.145 746.147 746.150 746.155 746.160 746.170 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008