If no person has been appointed as a personal representative under ORS chapter 113 or a person appointed as a personal representative under ORS chapter 113 has been discharged, the personal representative of a deceased individual shall be the first of the following persons, in the following order, who may be located upon reasonable effort by the covered entity and who is willing to serve as the personal representative:
(1) A person appointed as guardian under ORS 125.305, 419B.370, 419C.481 or 419C.555 with authority to make medical and health care decisions at the time of the individualís death.
(2) The individualís spouse.
(3) An adult designated in writing by the persons listed in this section, if no person listed in this section objects to the designation.
(4) A majority of the adult children of the individual who can be located.
(5) Either parent of the individual or an individual acting in loco parentis to the individual.
(6) A majority of the adult siblings of the individual who can be located.
(7) Any adult relative or adult friend. [2005 c.253 §5]Section: Previous 746.600 746.605 746.606 746.607 746.608 746.609 746.610 746.611 746.612 746.615 746.620 746.625 746.630 746.632 746.635 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008