An association or group of employers seeking to provide health benefits through a multiple employer welfare arrangement must apply for a certificate of multiple employer welfare arrangement on a form prescribed by the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services. The application must be completed and submitted to the director along with all of the following:
(1) Copies of all articles, bylaws, agreements and other documents or instruments describing the rights and obligations of employers, employees and beneficiaries with respect to the multiple employer welfare arrangement.
(2) A copy of the trust agreement of the multiple employer welfare arrangement.
(3) Current financial statements of the multiple employer welfare arrangement on the basis of statutory accounting principles.
(4) Proof of a bond for the purpose and in the form and amount required by ORS 750.318.
(5) A statement showing in full detail the plan for offering health care benefits through the multiple employer welfare arrangement. The plan must show that the association or group of employers and the trust meet the requirements of ORS 750.307 and 750.309 and must show the procedure established for handling claims for benefits in the event of dissolution of the multiple employer welfare arrangement.
(6) Copies of all contracts or other instruments proposed to be made, offered or sold through the multiple employer welfare arrangement to its member employers, together with a copy of its plan description and the proposed printed matter to be used in the solicitation of member employers.
(7) Evidence that the multiple employer welfare arrangement has applications from five or more employers meeting the requirements of ORS 750.307 and will provide similar benefits for 200 or more participating employees.
(8) Proof of adequate reserves according to the requirements of ORS 750.315.
(9) Proof of deposit with the Department of Consumer and Business Services of the initial amount required under ORS 750.309 (4) as a guarantee of the due execution of the trust obligation. [1993 c.615 §4; 1999 c.196 §13]
Note: See note under 750.301.Section: Previous 750.240 750.250 750.260 750.270 750.300 750.301 750.303 750.305 750.307 750.309 750.310 750.311 750.313 750.315 750.317 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008