(1) Upon request by the Citizensí Utility Board pursuant to this section, each utility shall include in billings to a utility consumer materials prepared and furnished by the Citizensí Utility Board, not exceeding in folded size the dimensions of the envelope customarily used by such utility to send billings to its customers.
(2) The Citizensí Utility Board shall not intentionally make any false material statement in any material submitted to a utility for inclusion with a billing. If the utility believes that the Citizensí Utility Board has intentionally made false material statements in an enclosure, it may file a complaint with the Public Utility Commission of Oregon within five days of receipt. The Public Utility Commission of Oregon must review the complaint within 10 days, and if the commission determines that the Citizensí Utility Board has intentionally made false material statements, the commission shall give the Citizensí Utility Board of Governors written notification that specifies any false material statements made and the reasons why the commission determines the statements to be false.
(3) No utility shall be required to enclose Citizensí Utility Board material with a billing more than six times in any calendar year.
(4) The Citizensí Utility Board shall notify a utility of its intention to include under the provisions of this chapter any material in any specified periodic billing or billings not fewer than 30 calendar days prior to the mailing of the periodic billings and shall supply the utility with the material not fewer than 20 calendar days prior to the mailing of the periodic billings.
(5) All material submitted by the Citizensí Utility Board for inclusion in a utility billing must include the return address of the Citizensí Utility Board. A utility is not required to deliver or forward to the Citizensí Utility Board material intended for the Citizensí Utility Board mistakenly sent to the utility. However, a utility shall retain such materials for a period of 60 days from the date of receipt. The utility shall notify the Citizensí Utility Board that such materials have been received and make these materials available to the Citizensí Utility Board on demand. [1985 c.1 §10]Section: Previous 774.010 774.020 774.030 774.040 774.060 774.070 774.110 774.120 774.130 774.140 774.160 774.180 774.190 774.210 774.250 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008