(1) The refunding bonds shall bear interest at a rate determined by the board, payable semiannually, and shall be in such denominations and mature at such times as determined by the board, but the bonds must all mature not later than 30 years after their date of issue.
(2) The board may provide that the bonds are subject to call and redemption prior to maturity, in numerical order, in inverse numerical order or in the entire amount of the issue outstanding. The bonds may be called only on interest-paying dates.
(3) Before calling bonds containing optional provisions, the port shall publish a notice of call in one issue of a newspaper specializing in financial matters published in New York, New York, at least 30 days before such interest-paying date.
(4) Callable refunding bonds, at the option of the board, may be called and retired or may be refunded again in accordance with the terms of the bonds and the provisions of ORS 777.455 to 777.505.
(5) Both the principal of the bonds and the interest thereon, when due, shall be paid in lawful money of the United States at the office of the treasurer of the issuing port, or at the fiscal agency of the State of Oregon in the City and State of New York, at the option of the board. [Amended by 1971 c.728 §78; 1981 c.94 §54]Section: Previous 777.435 777.437 777.440 777.445 777.447 777.450 777.455 777.460 777.465 777.470 777.475 777.480 777.485 777.490 777.495 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008