(1) Except as otherwise provided in subsection (5) of this section, a buyer in ordinary course of business, other than a person buying farm products from a person engaged in farming operations, takes free of a security interest created by the buyer’s seller, even if the security interest is perfected and the buyer knows of its existence.
(2) Except as otherwise provided in subsection (5) of this section, a buyer of goods from a person who used or bought the goods for use primarily for personal, family or household purposes takes free of a security interest, even if perfected, if the buyer buys:
(a) Without knowledge of the security interest;
(b) For value;
(c) Primarily for the buyer’s personal, family or household purposes; and
(d) Before the filing of a financing statement covering the goods.
(3) To the extent that it affects the priority of a security interest over a buyer of goods under subsection (2) of this section, the period of effectiveness of a filing made in the jurisdiction in which the seller is located is governed by ORS 79.0316 (1) and (2).
(4) A buyer in ordinary course of business buying oil, gas or other minerals at the wellhead or minehead or after extraction takes free of an interest arising out of an encumbrance.
(5) Subsections (1) and (2) of this section do not affect a security interest in goods in the possession of the secured party under ORS 79.0313. [2001 c.445 §40]Section: Previous 79.0313 79.0314 79.0315 79.0316 79.0317 79.0318 79.0319 79.0320 79.0321 79.0322 79.0323 79.0324 79.0325 79.0326 79.0327 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008