Oregon Statutes - Chapter 79 - Secured Transactions - Section 79.0518 - UCC 9-518. Claim concerning inaccurate or wrongfully filed record.

(1) A person may file in the filing office a correction statement with respect to a record indexed there under the personís name if the person believes that the record is inaccurate or was wrongfully filed.

(2) A correction statement must:

(a) Identify the record to which it relates by the file number assigned to the initial financing statement to which the record relates;

(b) Indicate that it is a correction statement;

(c) Provide the basis for the personís belief that the record is inaccurate and indicate the manner in which the person believes the record should be amended to cure any inaccuracy or provide the basis for the personís belief that the record was wrongfully filed; and

(d) Indicate the name of the debtor and the secured party.

(3) The filing of a correction statement does not affect the effectiveness of an initial financing statement or other filed record. [2001 c.445 §89]

(Duties and Operation of Filing Office)

Section:  Previous  79.0511  79.0512  79.0513  79.0514  79.0515  79.0516  79.0517  79.0518  79.0519  79.0520  79.0521  79.0522  79.0523  79.0524  79.0525  Next

Last modified: August 7, 2008