Except in a consumer-goods transaction, the following rules apply:
(1) The contents of a notification of disposition are sufficient if the notification:
(a) Indicates the name of the debtor and the name, address and telephone number of the secured party;
(b) Describes the collateral that is the subject of the intended disposition;
(c) States the method of intended disposition;
(d) States that the debtor is entitled to an accounting of the unpaid indebtedness and states the charge, if any, for an accounting; and
(e) States the time and place of a public disposition or the time after which any other disposition is to be made.
(2) Whether the contents of a notification that lacks any of the information specified in subsection (1) of this section are nevertheless sufficient is a question of fact.
(3) The contents of a notification providing substantially the information specified in subsection (1) of this section are sufficient, even if the notification includes:
(a) Information not specified by subsection (1) of this section; or
(b) Minor errors that are not seriously misleading.
(4) A particular phrasing of the notification is not required.
(5) The following form of notification and the form appearing in ORS 79.0614 (3), when completed, provide sufficient information:
NOTIFICATION OF DISPOSITION OF COLLATERAL
To: (Name of debtor, obligor or other person to which the notification is sent.)
From: (Name, address and telephone number of secured party.)
Name of Debtor(s): (Include only if debtor(s) are not an addressee.)
For a public disposition:
We will sell or lease or license, as applicable the (describe collateral) to the highest qualified bidder in public as follows:
Day and date: _________
For a private disposition:
We will sell or lease or license, as applicable the (describe collateral) privately sometime after (day and date).
You are entitled to an accounting of the unpaid indebtedness secured by the property that we intend to sell or lease or license, as applicable for a charge of $_____. You may request an accounting by calling us at (telephone number).
[2001 c.445 §111]Section: Previous 79.0606 79.0607 79.0608 79.0609 79.0610 79.0611 79.0612 79.0613 79.0614 79.0615 79.0616 79.0617 79.0618 79.0619 79.0620 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008