This section provides exemptions from the necessity for compliance with or proof of compliance with financial responsibility requirements in accident reports under ORS 811.725, when applying for vehicle registration under ORS 803.370 or 803.460 and for operating a vehicle under ORS 806.010. The owner or operator of a vehicle is exempt, as provided by this section, from financial responsibility requirements if the vehicle involved in the accident, sought to be registered or operated is any of the following:
(1) An antique motor vehicle issued permanent registration under ORS 805.010.
(2) A farm trailer.
(3) A farm tractor.
(4) An implement of husbandry.
(5) A motor vehicle of special interest that is maintained as a collector’s item and used for exhibitions, parades, club activities and similar uses, but not used primarily for the transportation of persons or property.
(6) A snowmobile, Class I or Class III all-terrain vehicle.
(7) Any motor vehicle when the owner of the vehicle has submitted to the Department of Transportation a statement, in such form as may be required by the department, declaring that the vehicle is continuously not being operated on the highways of this state and explaining the reasons therefor. A person who falsely certifies under this subsection is subject to penalty under ORS 806.030.
(8) A motor assisted scooter.
(9) An electric personal assistive mobility device. [1983 c.338 §838; 1985 c.16 §423; 1987 c.217 §4; 1989 c.991 §32; 1993 c.751 §99; 2001 c.749 §22; 2003 c.341 §5]Section: Previous 806.010 806.011 806.012 806.014 806.016 806.020 806.030 806.040 806.050 806.055 806.060 806.070 806.075 806.080 806.090 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008