(1) A person commits the offense of impeding traffic if the person drives a motor vehicle or a combination of motor vehicles in a manner that impedes or blocks the normal and reasonable movement of traffic.
(2) A person is not in violation of the offense described under this section if the person is proceeding in a manner needed for safe operation.
(3) Proceeding in a manner needed for safe operation includes but is not necessarily limited to:
(a) Momentarily stopping to allow oncoming traffic to pass before making a right-hand or left-hand turn.
(b) Momentarily stopping in preparation of, or moving at an extremely slow pace while, negotiating an exit from the road.
(4) A person is not in violation of the offense described under this section if the person is proceeding as part of a funeral procession under the direction of a funeral escort vehicle or a funeral lead vehicle.
(5) The offense described in this section, impeding traffic, is a Class D traffic violation. [1983 c.338 §569; 1985 c.16 §288; 1989 c.433 §1; 1991 c.482 §18; 1995 c.383 §45]Section: Previous 811.115 811.120 811.122 811.123 811.124 811.125 811.127 811.130 811.135 811.140 811.145 811.147 811.150 811.155 811.157 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008