(1) The Department of Transportation shall issue a “Wheelchair User” disabled person parking permit in the form of a “Wheelchair User” placard or decal for use by a person who uses a wheelchair or similar low-powered motorized or mechanically propelled vehicle designed specifically for use by a person with a physical disability.
(2) The department shall determine the form, size and content of the placards or decals, except that the department shall require that the placards or decals:
(a) Include the words “Wheelchair User.”
(b) Have an expiration date that is visible from outside the vehicle when the placard or decal is displayed on or in the vehicle.
(3) The department shall by rule determine how a person may qualify for a “Wheelchair User” placard or decal under this section.
(4) An applicant for a “Wheelchair User” placard or decal issued by the department under this section must have a driver license, a disability golf cart driver permit or an identification card issued by the department. The placard or decal shall be valid as long as the license, permit or identification card is valid and may be renewed when the license, permit or identification card is renewed.
(5) The expiration date shall be the same as the expiration date of the driver license, disability golf cart driver permit or identification card of the holder of the placard or decal. [2007 c.468 §4]
Note: 811.613 was added to and made a part of the Oregon Vehicle Code by legislative action but was not added to ORS chapter 811 or any series therein. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.Section: Previous 811.606 811.607 811.608 811.609 811.610 811.611 811.612 811.613 811.615 811.617 811.620 811.625 811.627 811.630 811.632 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008