(1) A person commits the offense of operation of a vehicle that violates state equipment administrative rules if the person drives or moves on any highway or owns and causes or knowingly permits to be driven or moved on any highway a vehicle if the vehicle or any equipment on the vehicle:
(a) Does not conform to standards established by the Department of Transportation by rule under ORS 815.030; and
(b) Does not bear thereon proof of certification that it complies with the applicable standards.
(2) Proof of certification required under this section may be made in any manner provided under ORS 815.030.
(3) This section is subject to the exemptions from this section established under ORS 815.105.
(4) Vehicle equipment standards established by rule under ORS 815.030 supersede any other equipment standards under the vehicle code when so provided by ORS 815.030.
(5) The offense described under this section, operation of vehicle that violates state equipment administrative rules, is a Class C traffic violation. [1983 c.338 §466; 1985 c.16 §244; 1985 c.393 §16]Section: Previous 815.070 815.075 815.080 815.085 815.090 815.095 815.097 815.100 815.105 815.107 815.109 815.110 815.115 815.120 815.125 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008