This section establishes exemptions from ORS 815.140. The following are completely or partially exempt as described:
(1) Police vehicles under any conditions.
(2) Fire vehicles when responding to a fire.
(3) An ambulance when responding to an emergency.
(4) A passenger vehicle or truck is not required to use chains if the vehicle or truck:
(a) Has an unloaded weight of 6,500 pounds or less;
(b) Is equipped and operated to provide power to both front and rear wheels;
(c) Is carrying chains as defined in ORS 815.045;
(d) Is equipped with tires, on all wheels, that are vehicle traction tires as defined in ORS 815.045;
(e) Is not towing another vehicle other than as may be necessary to remove disabled vehicles from the roadway; and
(f) Is not being operated in a manner or under conditions where the vehicle loses traction while stopping, cornering or moving.
(5) Vehicles exempt by rule under ORS 815.045. [1983 c.338 §475; 1997 c.493 §3]Section: Previous 815.110 815.115 815.120 815.125 815.130 815.135 815.140 815.145 815.150 815.155 815.160 815.165 815.167 815.170 815.175 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008