This section establishes exemptions from ORS 815.182 and 815.185. The exemptions under this section are in addition to any exemptions under ORS 801.026. The exemptions established under this section are partial or complete as described in the following:
(1) Vehicles of special interest that are registered under ORS 805.020 are deemed in compliance with the requirements and standards if:
(a) The vehicles are equipped with original manufacturer’s equipment and accessories, or their equivalent, and maintained in safe operating condition; or
(b) The vehicles are street rods that conform to ORS 815.107.
(2) Road machinery, road rollers and farm tractors are exempt from the standards and requirements.
(3) Antique motor vehicles are exempt from the standards and requirements if the vehicles are maintained as collectors’ items and used for exhibitions, parades, club activities and similar uses, but not used primarily for the transportation of persons or property.
(4) A motor truck is exempt from the requirements to be equipped with fenders or mudguards if the vehicle has just a chassis that is not equipped for hauling a load.
(5) Fenders or mudguards are not required on any modified American-made pre-1935 vehicle, or any identifiable vintage or replica thereof that is titled as a later assembled vehicle or replica and is used for show and pleasure use when such vehicle is used and driven only during fair weather on well-maintained, hard-surfaced roads. [1983 c.338 §484; 1985 c.402 §12; 1993 c.314 §5; 1997 c.402 §11; 1999 c.170 §1; 2003 c.655 §120]
(Visible Emissions)Section: Previous 815.165 815.167 815.170 815.175 815.180 815.182 815.185 815.190 815.195 815.200 815.205 815.210 815.215 815.220 815.221 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008