(1) Violation of ORS 824.062 is a Class D violation.
(2) Violation of ORS 824.064 is a misdemeanor.
(3) Violation of ORS 824.082 (1), 824.084 or 824.088 by a railroad is a Class A violation.
(4) Violation of ORS 824.082 (2) is a Class A violation.
(5) As used in subsection (3) of this section, “railroad” means a railroad as defined by ORS 824.020 and 824.022.
(6) Subject to ORS 153.022, violation of ORS 824.104 (1), 824.106 or 824.108 or any rule promulgated pursuant thereto is a Class A violation, and upon conviction the court shall impose a fine of not less than $100.
(7) A person is subject to the penalties under subsection (8) of this section if the person knowingly:
(a) Transports by railroad any hazardous waste listed under ORS 466.005 or rules adopted thereunder to a facility that does not have appropriate authority to receive the waste under ORS 466.005 to 466.385 and 466.992.
(b) Disposes of any hazardous waste listed under ORS 466.005 or rules adopted thereunder without appropriate authority under ORS 466.005 to 466.385 and 466.992.
(c) Materially violates any terms of permit or authority issued to the person under ORS 466.005 to 466.385 and 466.992 in the transporting or disposing of hazardous waste.
(d) Makes any false material statement or representation in any application, label, manifest, record, report, permit or other document filed, maintained or used for purposes of compliance with requirements under ORS 824.050 to 824.110 for the safe transportation of hazardous wastes.
(e) Violates any rules adopted by the Department of Transportation concerning the transportation of hazardous wastes.
(8) Subject to ORS 153.022, violation of subsection (7) of this section is subject to the penalty of a fine of not more than $10,000 for each day of violation, imprisonment of not more than six months, or both.
(9) Violation of ORS 824.300 or 824.302 is a Class D violation.
(10) Violation of ORS 824.304 is punishable, upon conviction, by a fine of not less than $500 nor more than $2,000.
(11) Violation of ORS 824.306 by any railroad company or officer or agent thereof, or any other person is a Class D violation. Each day’s violation is a separate offense. [Formerly 824.114; 1999 c.1051 §232]
_______________Section: Previous 824.250 824.252 824.254 824.256 824.258 824.300 824.302 824.304 824.306 824.308 824.310 824.312 824.314 824.990 824.992
Last modified: August 7, 2008