(1) Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, all fees, taxes, charges and other sums collected by the Department of Transportation under this chapter shall be paid into the State Treasury and shall be placed to the credit of an account, separate and distinct from the General Fund, to be known as the Motor Carrier Account. Interest earned by the account shall be credited to the account.
(2) Notwithstanding ORS 823.991, all fees collected under ORS 825.180 (1)(f), 825.245 and 825.247, all penalties collected under ORS 825.950 for violation of ORS 825.245 and all penalties for transporting household goods without a certificate shall be paid into the State Treasury and shall be placed to the credit of an account, separate and distinct from the General Fund, to be known as the Consumer Protection Household Moves Account. Interest earned by the account shall be credited to the account. Moneys in the account are continuously appropriated to the department for purposes specified in subsection (5) of this section.
(3) The department may purchase the necessary supplies and equipment and provide for all necessary and incidental expenses incurred by the department in administering and enforcing this chapter.
(4) All claims, duly approved by the department, that have been incurred in pursuance of law, shall be paid by warrants drawn in the manner provided by law, payable out of the Motor Carrier Account or the Consumer Protection Household Moves Account.
(5) Moneys in the Consumer Protection Household Moves Account shall be used by the department exclusively for administration and enforcement of provisions of this chapter relating to persons that provide pack or load services. [Formerly 767.630; 2003 c.754 §8]Section: Previous 825.260 825.300 825.302 825.304 825.320 825.322 825.324 825.326 825.328 825.330 825.350 825.352 825.354 825.356 825.400 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008