As used in ORS 830.060 to 830.145, 830.700 to 830.715, 830.725, 830.730, 830.770, 830.780, 830.785, 830.795 to 830.820 and 830.830 to 830.870, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) “Boat” means every description of watercraft used or capable of being used as a means of transportation on the water, but does not include aircraft equipped to land on water, boathouses, floating homes, air mattresses, beach and water toys or single inner tubes.
(2) “Boathouse” means a covered structure on floats or piles used for the protected moorage of boats.
(3) “Dealer” means a person who engages wholly or in part in the business of buying, selling or exchanging boats, floating homes or boathouses, either outright or on conditional sale, bailment lease, chattel mortgage or otherwise.
(4) “Floating home” means a moored structure that is secured to a pier or pilings and is used primarily as a domicile and not as a boat.
(5) “Operate” means to navigate or otherwise use a boat on water.
(6) “Owner” means a person or persons who have a property interest other than a security interest in a boat, floating home or boathouse and the right of use or possession of the boat, floating house or boathouse, but does not include a lessee.
(7) “Ownership” means a property interest other than a security interest.
(8) “Security interest” means an interest reserved or created by agreement which secures payment or performance of an obligation as more particularly defined by ORS 71.2010 (37).
(9) “State of principal use” means the state on whose waters a boat is used or to be used during most of a calendar year. [Formerly 488.705; 1999 c.59 §251]Section: Previous 830.520 830.525 830.535 830.545 830.550 830.600 830.605 830.700 830.705 830.710 830.715 830.720 830.725 830.730 830.740 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008