(1) Except as provided in ORS 97.963, a donor or other person authorized to make an anatomical gift under ORS 97.955 may amend or revoke an anatomical gift by:
(a) A record signed by:
(A) The donor;
(B) The other person; or
(C) Subject to subsection (2) of this section, another individual acting at the direction of the donor or the other person if the donor or other person is physically unable to sign; or
(b) A later-executed document of gift that amends or revokes a previous anatomical gift or portion of an anatomical gift, either expressly or by inconsistency.
(2) A record signed pursuant to subsection (1)(a)(C) of this section must:
(a) Be witnessed by at least two adults, at least one of whom is a disinterested witness, who have signed at the request of the donor or the other person; and
(b) State that it has been signed and witnessed as required in this subsection.
(3) Except as provided in ORS 97.963, a donor or other person authorized to make an anatomical gift under ORS 97.955 may revoke an anatomical gift by the destruction or cancellation of the document of gift, or the portion of the document of gift used to make the gift, with the intent to revoke the gift.
(4) A donor may amend or revoke an anatomical gift that was not made in a will by any form of communication during a terminal illness or injury addressed to at least two adults, at least one of whom is a disinterested witness.
(5) A donor who makes an anatomical gift in a will may amend or revoke the gift in the manner provided for amendment or revocation of wills or as provided in subsection (3) of this section. [2007 c.681 §5]
Note: See note under 97.951.Section: Previous 97.952 97.953 97.954 97.955 97.956 97.957 97.958 97.959 97.960 97.961 97.962 97.963 97.964 97.965 97.966 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008