(1) The Department of State Lands shall publish notice of owners’ unclaimed accounts reported under ORS 98.352. The notice shall be published at least twice in a newspaper or other generally circulated periodical published in this state. The department may publish such notices at intervals to locate owners of accounts received under ORS 98.352 (4) in an expedient manner, but shall complete publication of all such accounts within one year of remittance.
(2) The department is not required to publish in such notice any item of less than $100 unless the department deems such publication to be in the public interest.
(3) This section is not applicable to sums payable on traveler’s checks or money orders presumed abandoned under ORS 98.309.
(4) The department shall undertake reasonable efforts to locate owners of unclaimed property reported to the department under ORS 98.352. The costs of such efforts may be deducted from the proceeds that are paid to the owners when and if an owner is located. The department shall specify, by rule, a maximum percentage of costs that may be deducted from a verified claim for unclaimed property.
(5) The Department of State Lands may not disclose to the general public any confidential information provided by the Department of Revenue from taxpayer returns. [1957 c.670 §14; 1967 c.357 §3; 1983 c.716 §10; 1989 c.183 §1; 1993 c.694 §8; 1997 c.134 §1; 2003 c.253 §5]Section: Previous 98.342 98.346 98.348 98.350 98.352 98.353 98.354 98.356 98.360 98.362 98.366 98.370 98.372 98.376 98.380 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008