§ 9623. Right to redeem collateral.
(a) Persons that may redeem.--A debtor, any secondary obligor or any other secured party or lienholder may redeem collateral.
(b) Requirements for redemption.--To redeem collateral, a person shall tender:
(1) fulfillment of all obligations secured by the collateral; and
(2) the reasonable expenses and attorney fees described in section 9615(a)(1) (relating to application of proceeds).
(c) When redemption may occur.--A redemption may occur at any time before a secured party:
(1) has collected collateral under section 9607 (relating to collection and enforcement by secured party);
(2) has disposed of collateral or entered into a contract for its disposition under section 9610 (relating to disposition of collateral after default); or
(3) has accepted collateral in full or partial satisfaction of the obligation it secures under section 9622 (relating to effect of acceptance of collateral).
Cross References. Section 9623 is referred to in sections 9602, 9614, 9624 of this title; section 6259 of Title 12 (Commerce and Trade).Section: Previous 9615 9616 9617 9618 9619 9620 9621 9622 9623 9624 9625 9626 9627 9628 Next
Last modified: October 8, 2016