§ 313. Notarial act under Federal authority.
(a) Effect.--A notarial act performed under Federal law has the same effect under the law of this Commonwealth as if performed by a notarial officer of this Commonwealth if the act performed under Federal law is performed by any of the following:
(1) A judge, clerk or deputy clerk of a court.
(2) An individual in military service or performing duties under the authority of military service who is authorized to perform notarial acts under Federal law.
(3) An individual designated a notarizing officer by the United States Department of State for performing notarial acts overseas.
(4) An individual authorized by Federal law to perform the notarial act.
(b) Prima facie evidence.--The signature and title of an individual acting under Federal authority and performing a notarial act are prima facie evidence that:
(1) the signature is genuine; and
(2) the individual holds the designated title.
(c) Conclusive determination.--The signature and title of a notarial officer described in subsection (a)(1), (2) or (3) conclusively establish the authority of the notarial officer to perform the notarial act.Section: Previous 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 Next
Last modified: October 8, 2016