Sec. 108.82. ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE CONSUMPTION IN PUBLIC ENTERTAINMENT FACILITIES. (a) This section applies only to a public entertainment facility:
(1) that is a stadium, arena, or other permanent structure that is used for sporting events;
(2) relating to which an agreement approved by the administrator under Section 108.79 is in force; and
(3) for which all alcoholic beverage permits and licenses are held by a single holder.
(b) Notwithstanding Section 28.10, the concessionaire for a public entertainment facility described by Subsection (a) may allow a patron who possesses an alcoholic beverage to enter or leave a licensed or permitted premises within the facility if the alcoholic beverage:
(1) is in an open container, as defined by Section 49.031, Penal Code;
(2) appears to be possessed for present consumption;
(3) remains within the confines of the facility, excluding a parking lot; and
(4) was purchased legally at a licensed or permitted premises within the facility.
Added by Acts 2013, 83rd Leg., R.S., Ch. 54 (H.B. 893), Sec. 1, eff. May 18, 2013.
Acts 2015, 84th Leg., R.S., Ch. 409 (H.B. 2339), Sec. 1, eff. June 10, 2015.Section: Previous 108.54 108.55 108.56 108.71 108.72 108.73 108.74 108.75 108.755 108.76 108.77 108.78 108.79 108.80 108.81
Last modified: September 28, 2016