Sec. 39.411. COUNCIL RECOMMENDATIONS. (a) Based on the strategic plan adopted under this subchapter, the council shall make recommendations to the commissioner of education or the commissioner of higher education, as applicable, for the use of federal and state funds appropriated or received for high school reform, college readiness, and dropout prevention, including grants awarded under Sections 21.4511, 21.4541, 29.095-29.098, 29.917, 29.919, and 39.235.
(b) The council shall include recommendations under this section for:
(1) key elements of program design;
(2) criteria for awarding grants and evaluating programs;
(3) program funding priorities; and
(4) program evaluation as provided by this subchapter.
(c) The commissioner of education or the commissioner of higher education, as applicable, shall consider the council's recommendations and based on those recommendations may award grants to school districts, open-enrollment charter schools, institutions of higher education, regional education service centers, and nonprofit organizations to meet the goals of the council's strategic plan.
(d) The commissioner of education or the commissioner of higher education, as applicable:
(1) is not required under this section to allocate funds to a program or initiative recommended by the council; and
(2) may not initiate a program funded under this section that does not conform to the recommended use of funds as provided under Subsections (a) and (b).
Redesignated by Acts 2009, 81st Leg., R.S., Ch. 895 (H.B. 3), Sec. 59, eff. June 19, 2009.Section: Previous 39.404 39.405 39.406 39.407 39.408 39.409 39.410 39.411 39.412 39.413 39.414 39.415 39.416 39.501 39.502 Next
Last modified: September 28, 2016