Sec. 201.1065. DUTIES OF CHILD SUPPORT COURT MONITOR. (a) A child support court monitor appointed under this subchapter shall monitor child support cases in which the obligor is placed on probation for failure to comply with the requirements of a child support order.
(b) In monitoring a child support case, a court monitor shall:
(1) conduct an intake assessment of the needs of an obligor that, if addressed, would enable the obligor to comply with a child support order;
(2) refer an obligor to employment services offered by the employment assistance program under Section 302.0035, Labor Code, if appropriate;
(3) provide mediation services or referrals to services, if appropriate;
(4) schedule periodic contacts with an obligor to assess compliance with the child support order and whether additional support services are required;
(5) monitor the amount and timeliness of child support payments owed and paid by an obligor; and
(6) if appropriate, recommend that the court:
(A) discharge an obligor from or modify the terms of the obligor's community supervision; or
(B) revoke an obligor's community supervision.
Added by Acts 1999, 76th Leg., ch. 1072, Sec. 3, eff. Sept. 1, 1999. Amended by Acts 2003, 78th Leg., ch. 1258, Sec. 10, eff. Sept. 1, 2003.Section: Previous 201.1021 201.103 201.104 201.1041 201.1042 201.105 201.106 201.1065 201.1066 201.107 201.110 201.111 201.112 201.113 201.201 Next
Last modified: September 28, 2016