Sec. 2003.052. HANDLING OF COMPLAINTS. (a) The office shall maintain a file on each written complaint filed with the office. The file must include:
(1) the name of the person who filed the complaint;
(2) the date the complaint is received by the office;
(3) the subject matter of the complaint;
(4) the name of each person contacted in relation to the complaint;
(5) a summary of the results of the review or investigation of the complaint; and
(6) an explanation of the reason the file was closed, if the office closed the file without taking action other than to investigate the complaint.
(b) The office shall provide to the person filing the complaint and to each person who is a subject of the complaint a copy of the office's policies and procedures relating to complaint investigation and resolution.
(c) The office, at least quarterly until final disposition of the complaint, shall notify the person filing the complaint and each person who is a subject of the complaint of the status of the investigation unless the notice would jeopardize an undercover investigation.
Added by Acts 2003, 78th Leg., ch. 1215, Sec. 9, eff. Sept. 1, 2003.Section: Previous 2003.0451 2003.046 2003.047 2003.048 2003.049 2003.050 2003.051 2003.052 2003.053 2003.055 2003.056 2003.057 2003.101 2003.103 2003.104 Next
Last modified: September 28, 2016