Texas Government Code § 2269.408 Use Of Architect Or Engineer

Sec. 2269.408. USE OF ARCHITECT OR ENGINEER. (a) If a job order contract or an order issued under the contract requires architectural or engineering services that constitute the practice of architecture within the meaning of Chapter 1051, Occupations Code, or the practice of engineering within the meaning of Chapter 1001, Occupations Code, the governmental entity shall select or designate an architect or engineer to prepare the construction documents for the project.

(b) Subsection (a) does not apply to a job order contract or an order issued under the contract for industrialized housing, industrialized buildings, or relocatable educational facilities subject to and approved under Chapter 1202, Occupations Code, if the contractor employs the services of an architect or engineer who approves the documents for the project.

Added by Acts 2011, 82nd Leg., R.S., Ch. 1129 (H.B. 628), Sec. 2.08, eff. September 1, 2011.

Redesignated from Government Code, Chapter 2267 by Acts 2013, 83rd Leg., R.S., Ch. 161 (S.B. 1093), Sec. 22.001(23), eff. September 1, 2013.

Section: Previous  2269.365  2269.366  2269.367  2269.401  2269.402  2269.403  2269.404  2269.405  2269.406  2269.407  2269.408  2269.409  2269.410  2269.411  2269.451  Next

Last modified: September 28, 2016