Sec. 828.003. STERILIZATION AGREEMENT. (a) The sterilization agreement used by a releasing agency must contain:
(1) the date of the agreement;
(2) the names, addresses, and signatures of the releasing agency and the new owner;
(3) a description of the animal to be adopted;
(4) the sterilization completion date; and
(5) a statement, printed in conspicuous, bold print, that sterilization of the animal is required under Chapter 828, Health and Safety Code, and that a violation of this chapter is a criminal offense punishable as a Class C misdemeanor.
(b) The sterilization completion date contained in the sterilization agreement must be:
(1) the 30th day after the date of adoption in the case of an adult animal;
(2) the 30th day after a specified date estimated to be the date an adopted infant female animal becomes six months old or an adopted infant male animal becomes eight months old; or
(3) if the releasing agency has a written policy recommending sterilization of certain infant animals at an earlier date, the 30th day after the date contained in the written policy.
Added by Acts 1991, 72nd Leg., ch. 373, Sec. 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1992.Section: Previous 828.001 828.002 828.003 828.0035 828.004 828.0045 828.005 828.006 828.007 828.008 828.009 828.010 828.011 828.012 828.013 Next
Last modified: September 28, 2016