Sec. 4102.201. DENIAL, SUSPENSION, OR REVOCATION OF LICENSE. (a) The commissioner may deny an application for a license under this chapter or suspend or revoke a license issued under this chapter on the basis of:
(1) a violation of this chapter or of any rule adopted by the commissioner under this chapter;
(2) a cause that constitutes grounds for denial of an original license;
(3) misrepresentation or fraud in obtaining a license;
(4) failure to pass a required license examination;
(5) the misappropriation or conversion of money required to be held in a fiduciary capacity;
(6) material misrepresentation, with intent to deceive, of the terms of an insurance contract;
(7) engaging in a fraudulent transaction;
(8) demonstrated incompetence or untrustworthiness in the conduct of the license holder's affairs under the license, as determined by the commissioner;
(9) conviction of a felony by a final judgment in a court of competent jurisdiction; or
(10) material misrepresentation, with intent to deceive, of the person's status as a public insurance adjuster.
(b) If the department proposes to refuse to issue an original license under this chapter or to suspend, revoke, or refuse to renew a license under this chapter, the person affected is entitled to notice and hearing as provided by Section 4005.104.
(c) A final order entered as a result of a hearing under this section may be appealed to a court of competent jurisdiction as provided by Subchapter D, Chapter 36.
(d) An order suspending a license issued under this chapter must specify the period of the suspension not to exceed 12 months.
(e) The holder of a license that is revoked or suspended for cause shall surrender the license to the commissioner on demand.
(f) The commissioner may issue a license or reinstate a suspended or revoked license on a finding that the cause for suspension, revocation, or refusal no longer exists.
Added by Acts 2005, 79th Leg., Ch. 728 (H.B. 2018), Sec. 11.082(a), eff. September 1, 2005.Section: Previous 4102.157 4102.158 4102.159 4102.160 4102.161 4102.162 4102.163 4102.164 4102.201 4102.202 4102.203 4102.204 4102.205 4102.206 4102.207 Next
Last modified: September 28, 2016