Sec. 3822.004. FINDINGS OF BENEFIT AND PUBLIC PURPOSE. (a) The district is created to serve a public use and benefit.
(b) All land and other property included in the district will benefit from the improvements and services to be provided by the district under powers conferred by Sections 52 and 52-a, Article III, and Section 59, Article XVI, Texas Constitution, and other powers granted under this chapter.
(c) The creation of the district is in the public interest and is essential to:
(1) further the public purposes of development and diversification of the economy of the state;
(2) eliminate unemployment and underemployment; and
(3) develop or expand transportation and commerce.
(d) The district will:
(1) promote the health, safety, and general welfare of residents, employers, employees, visitors, and consumers in the district, and of the public;
(2) provide needed funding to preserve, maintain, and enhance the economic health and vitality of the district as a community and business center; and
(3) promote the health, safety, welfare, and enjoyment of the public by providing pedestrian ways and by landscaping and developing certain areas in the district, which are necessary for the restoration, preservation, and enhancement of scenic beauty.
(e) Pedestrian ways along or across a street, whether at grade or above or below the surface, and street lighting, street landscaping, and street art objects are parts of and necessary components of a street and are considered to be a street or road improvement.
(f) The district will not act as the agent or instrumentality of any private interest even though the district will benefit many private interests, as well as the public.
Added by Acts 2005, 79th Leg., Ch. 729 (H.B. 2019), Sec. 1.03, eff. April 1, 2007.Section: Previous 3822.001 3822.002 3822.003 3822.004 3822.005 3822.006 3822.007 3822.008 3822.051 3822.052 3822.053 3822.101 3822.102 3822.103 3822.104 Next
Last modified: September 28, 2016