Sec. 3839.004. FINDINGS OF BENEFIT AND PUBLIC PURPOSE. (a) The district is created to serve a public use and benefit.
(b) All land and other property included in the district will benefit from the improvements and services to be provided by the district under powers conferred by Sections 52 and 52-a, Article III, and Section 59, Article XVI, Texas Constitution, and other powers granted under this chapter.
(c) The creation of the district is in the public interest and is essential to:
(1) further the public purposes of developing and diversifying the economy of the state;
(2) eliminate unemployment and underemployment; and
(3) develop or expand transportation and commerce.
(d) The district will:
(1) promote the health, safety, and general welfare of residents, employers, potential employees, employees, visitors, and consumers in the district, and of the public;
(2) provide needed funding for the district to preserve, maintain, and enhance the economic health and vitality of the district territory as a community and business center; and
(3) promote the health, safety, welfare, and enjoyment of the public by providing pedestrian ways and by landscaping and developing certain areas in the district, which are necessary for the restoration, preservation, and enhancement of scenic beauty.
(e) Pedestrian ways along or across a street, whether at grade or above or below the surface, and street lighting, street landscaping, parking, and street art objects are parts of and necessary components of a street and are considered to be a street or road improvement.
(f) The district will not act as the agent or instrumentality of any private interest even though the district will benefit many private interests as well as the public.
Added by Acts 2007, 80th Leg., R.S., Ch. 1285 (H.B. 4045), Sec. 1, eff. June 15, 2007.Section: Previous 3839.001 3839.002 3839.003 3839.004 3839.005 3839.006 3839.007 3839.008 3839.051 3839.052 3839.053 3839.054 3839.055 3839.101 3839.102 Next
Last modified: September 28, 2016