Sec. 3886.003. FINDINGS OF PUBLIC PURPOSE AND BENEFIT. (a) The district is created to serve a public purpose and benefit.
(b) All land and other property included in the district will benefit from the improvements and services to be provided by the district under powers conferred by Sections 52 and 52-a, Article III, and Section 59, Article XVI, Texas Constitution, and other powers granted under this chapter.
(c) The district is created to accomplish the purposes of a municipal management district as provided by general law and Sections 52 and 52-a, Article III, and Section 59, Article XVI, Texas Constitution.
(d) The creation of the district is in the public interest and is essential to:
(1) further the public purposes of developing and diversifying the economy of the state;
(2) eliminate unemployment and underemployment; and
(3) develop or expand transportation and commerce.
(e) The district will:
(1) promote the health, safety, and general welfare of residents, employers, employees, potential employees, visitors, and consumers in the district, and of the public;
(2) provide needed funding for the district to preserve, maintain, and enhance the economic health and vitality of the district territory as a community and business center; and
(3) promote the health, safety, welfare, and enjoyment of the public by providing pedestrian ways and by landscaping and developing certain areas in the district, which are necessary for the restoration, preservation, and enhancement of scenic beauty.
(f) Pedestrian ways along or across a street, whether at grade or above or below the surface, and street lighting, street landscaping, parking, and street art objects are parts of and necessary components of a street and are considered to be a street or road improvement.
(g) The district will not act as the agent or instrumentality of any private interest even though the district will benefit many private interests as well as the public.
(h) This chapter and the creation of the district may not be interpreted to relieve the town, Collin County, or Denton County from providing the level of services provided as of the effective date of the Act creating this chapter to the area in the district. The district is created to supplement and not to supplant the town and county services provided in the district.
Added by Acts 2009, 81st Leg., R.S., Ch. 1077 (H.B. 4752), Sec. 1, eff. September 1, 2009.Section: Previous 3886.001 3886.002 3886.003 3886.004 3886.005 3886.051 3886.052 3886.053 3886.054 3886.055 3886.101 3886.102 3886.103 3886.104 3886.105 Next
Last modified: September 28, 2016