Sec. 3887.004. FINDINGS OF BENEFIT AND PUBLIC PURPOSE. (a) The district is created to serve a public use and benefit.
(b) All land and other property included in the district will benefit from the improvements and services to be provided by the district under powers conferred by Sections 52 and 52-a, Article III, and Section 59, Article XVI, Texas Constitution, and other powers granted under this chapter.
(c) The creation of the district is in the public interest and is essential to further the public purposes of:
(1) developing and diversifying the economy of the state;
(2) eliminating unemployment and underemployment;
(3) providing quality residential housing;
(4) developing or expanding transportation and commerce; and
(5) improving and enhancing the environment in and around the district and in the county.
(d) The district will:
(1) promote the health, safety, and general welfare of residents, employers, potential employees, employees, visitors, and consumers in the district, and of the public;
(2) provide needed funding for the district to preserve, maintain, and enhance the economic health and vitality of the district territory as a residential community and business center; and
(3) promote the health, safety, welfare, and enjoyment of the public by providing pedestrian ways and by landscaping and developing certain areas in the district, which are necessary for the restoration, preservation, and enhancement of scenic beauty and enhancing and improving the environment as an essential natural resource of the state.
(e) Pedestrian ways along or across a street, whether at grade or above or below the surface, and street lighting, street landscaping, vehicle parking, and street art objects are parts of and necessary components of a street and are considered to be an improvement project that includes a street or road improvement.
(f) The district will not act as the agent or instrumentality of any private interest even though the district will benefit many private interests as well as the public.
Added by Acts 2009, 81st Leg., R.S., Ch. 1078 (H.B. 4755), Sec. 1, eff. June 19, 2009.Section: Previous 3887.001 3887.002 3887.003 3887.004 3887.005 3887.006 3887.051 3887.052 3887.053 3887.054 3887.055 3887.056 3887.057 3887.058 3887.059 Next
Last modified: September 28, 2016