Sec. 3889.052. QUALIFICATIONS OF DIRECTORS APPOINTED BY CITY. (a) To be qualified to serve as a director appointed by the governing body of the city, a person must be:
(1) a resident of the district who is also a registered voter of the district;
(2) an owner of property in the district;
(3) an owner of stock or a partnership or membership interest, whether beneficial or otherwise, of a corporate partnership, limited liability company, or other entity owner of a direct or indirect interest in property in the district;
(4) an owner of a beneficial interest in a trust, or a trustee in a trust, that directly or indirectly owns property in the district; or
(5) an agent, employee, or tenant of a person described by Subdivision (2), (3), or (4).
(b) Section 49.052, Water Code, does not apply to the district.
Added by Acts 2011, 82nd Leg., R.S., Ch. 1192 (H.B. 3828), Sec. 1, eff. June 17, 2011.Section: Previous 3889.003 3889.004 3889.005 3889.006 3889.007 3889.008 3889.051 3889.052 3889.053 3889.054 3889.055 3889.056 3889.057 3889.058 3889.059 Next
Last modified: September 28, 2016