Sec. 3926.004. FINDINGS OF BENEFIT AND PUBLIC PURPOSE. (a) The district is created to serve a public use and benefit.
(b) All land and other property included in the district will benefit from the improvements and services to be provided by the district under powers conferred by Sections 52 and 52-a, Article III, and Section 59, Article XVI, Texas Constitution, and other powers granted under this chapter.
(c) The district is created to accomplish the purposes of a municipal management district as provided by general law and Sections 52 and 52-a, Article III, and Section 59, Article XVI, Texas Constitution.
(d) The creation of the district is in the public interest and is essential to:
(1) further the public purposes of developing and diversifying the economy of the state;
(2) eliminate unemployment and underemployment; and
(3) develop or expand transportation and commerce.
(e) The district will:
(1) promote the health, safety, and general welfare of residents, employers, potential employees, employees, visitors, and consumers in the district, and of the public;
(2) provide needed funding for the district to preserve, maintain, and enhance the economic health and vitality of the district territory as a community and business center; and
(3) promote the health, safety, welfare, and enjoyment of the public by providing pedestrian ways and by landscaping and developing certain areas in the district, which are necessary for the restoration, preservation, and enhancement of scenic beauty.
(f) Pedestrian ways along or across a street, whether at grade or above or below the surface, and street lighting, street landscaping, parking, and street art objects are parts of and necessary components of a street and are considered to be a street or road improvement.
Added by Acts 2015, 84th Leg., R.S., Ch. 977 (H.B. 3603), Sec. 1, eff. September 1, 2015.Section: Previous 3926.001 3926.002 3926.003 3926.004 3926.005 3926.006 3926.007 3926.008 3926.009 3926.010 3926.011 3926.012 3926.051 3926.052 3926.053 Next
Last modified: September 28, 2016