Sec. 11.183. ASSOCIATION PROVIDING ASSISTANCE TO AMBULATORY HEALTH CARE CENTERS. (a) An association is entitled to an exemption from taxation of the property it owns and uses exclusively for the purposes for which the association is organized if the association:
(1) is exempt from federal income taxation under Section 501(a), Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as an organization described by Section 501(c)(3) of that code;
(2) complies with the criteria for a charitable organization under Sections 11.18(e) and (f);
(3) except as provided by Subsection (b), engages exclusively in providing assistance to ambulatory health care centers that provide medical care to individuals without regard to the individuals' ability to pay, including providing policy analysis, disseminating information, conducting continuing education, providing research, collecting and analyzing data, or providing technical assistance to the health care centers;
(4) is funded wholly or partly, or assists ambulatory health care centers that are funded wholly or partly, by a grant under Section 330, Public Health Service Act (42 U.S.C. Section 254b), and its subsequent amendments; and
(5) does not perform abortions or provide abortion referrals or provide assistance to ambulatory health care centers that perform abortions or provide abortion referrals.
(b) Use of the property by a person other than the association does not affect the eligibility of the property for an exemption authorized by this section if the use is incidental to use by the association and limited to activities that benefit:
(1) the ambulatory health care centers to which the association provides assistance; or
(2) the individuals to whom the health care centers provide medical care.
(c) Performance of noncharitable functions by the association does not affect the eligibility of the property for an exemption authorized by this section if those other functions are incidental to the association's charitable functions.
Added by Acts 1999, 76th Leg., ch. 675, Sec. 1, eff. Jan. 1, 2000.Section: Previous 11.18 11.1801 11.181 11.182 11.1825 11.1826 11.1827 11.183 11.184 11.185 11.19 11.20 11.201 11.21 11.22 Next
Last modified: September 28, 2016