Sec. 11.432. HOMESTEAD EXEMPTION FOR MANUFACTURED HOME. (a) Except as provided by Subsection (a-1), for a manufactured home to qualify as a residence homestead under Section 11.13, the application for exemption required by Section 11.43 must be accompanied by:
(1) a copy of the statement of ownership and location for the manufactured home issued by the manufactured housing division of the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs under Section 1201.207, Occupations Code, showing that the individual applying for the exemption is the owner of the manufactured home;
(2) a copy of the purchase contract or payment receipt showing that the applicant is the purchaser of the manufactured home; or
(3) a sworn affidavit by the applicant stating that:
(A) the applicant is the owner of the manufactured home;
(B) the seller of the manufactured home did not provide the applicant with a purchase contract; and
(C) the applicant could not locate the seller after making a good faith effort.
(a-1) An appraisal district may rely upon the computer records of the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs to verify an applicant's ownership of a manufactured home. An applicant is not required to submit an accompanying document described by Subsection (a) if the appraisal district verifies the applicant's ownership under this subsection.
(b) The land on which a manufactured home is located qualifies as a residence homestead under Section 11.13 only if:
(1) the land is owned by one or more individuals, including the applicant;
(2) the applicant occupies the manufactured home as the applicant's principal residence; and
(3) the applicant demonstrates ownership of the manufactured home under Subsection (a) or the appraisal district determines the applicant's ownership under Subsection (a-1).
(c) The owner of land that qualifies as a residence homestead under this section is entitled to obtain the homestead exemptions provided by Section 11.13 and any other benefit granted under this title to the owner of a residence homestead regardless of whether the applicant has elected to treat the manufactured home as real property or personal property and regardless of whether the manufactured home is listed on the tax rolls with the real property to which it is attached or listed on the tax rolls separately.
(d) In this section, "manufactured home" has the meaning assigned by Section 1201.003, Occupations Code.
Added by Acts 1985, 69th Leg., ch. 846, Sec. 14, eff. Sept. 1, 1985. Amended by Acts 1989, 71st Leg., ch. 1039, Sec. 4.02, eff. Sept. 1, 1989; Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 274, Sec. 12, eff. Aug. 30, 1993; Acts 2003, 78th Leg., ch. 338, Sec. 44, eff. Jan. 1, 2004.
Acts 2007, 80th Leg., R.S., Ch. 863 (H.B. 1460), Sec. 70, eff. January 1, 2008.
Acts 2011, 82nd Leg., R.S., Ch. 221 (H.B. 252), Sec. 2(a), eff. January 1, 2012.Section: Previous 11.42 11.421 11.422 11.423 11.424 11.43 11.431 11.432 11.433 11.434 11.435 11.436 11.437 11.438 11.439 Next
Last modified: September 28, 2016