Texas Water Code § 58.022 Single-county District; Appeal From Order Of Commissioners Court

Sec. 58.022. SINGLE-COUNTY DISTRICT; APPEAL FROM ORDER OF COMMISSIONERS COURT. (a) If the commissioners court grants or refuses to grant the petition, any person who signed the petition or any person who appears and protests the petition and offers testimony against the creation of the district may appeal from the order of the court by giving notice of appeal in open court at the time of the entry of the order, which shall be entered on the court's docket, and by filing with the clerk of the commissioners court within five days a good and sufficient appeal bond in the amount of $2,500.

(b) The appeal bond shall be approved by the clerk of the commissioners court payable to the county judge conditioned for the prosecution of the appeal with effect and the payment of all costs incurred with the appeal in the event the final decree of the court is against the appellant.

Added by Acts 1977, 65th Leg., p. 1537, ch. 627, Sec. 1, eff. Aug. 29, 1977.

Section: Previous  58.015  58.016  58.017  58.018  58.019  58.020  58.021  58.022  58.023  58.024  58.025  58.026  58.027  58.028  58.030  Next

Last modified: September 28, 2016