(1) requested by the civil air carrier; or
(2) determined under the regulations as being necessary to accommodate the civil air carrier's use of Johnston Atoll.
(A) For support provided by the Air Force, to appropriations available for the Air Force for operation and maintenance.
(B) For support provided by the Army, to appropriations available for the Army for chemical demilitarization.
(2) Amounts credited to an appropriation under paragraph (1) shall be merged with funds in that appropriation and shall be available, without further appropriation, for the purposes and period for which the appropriation is available.
(1) The term "civil air carrier" means an air carrier (as defined in section 40102(a)(2) of title 49) that is issued a certificate of public convenience and necessity under section 41102 of such title.
(2) The term "support" includes fuel, fire rescue, use of facilities, improvements necessary to accommodate use by civil air carriers, police, safety, housing, food, air traffic control, suspension of military operations on the island (including operations at the Johnston Atoll Chemical Agent Demilitarization System), repairs, and any other construction, services, or supplies.
(Added Pub. L. 106–398, §1 [[div. A], title III, §383(a)], Oct. 30, 2000, 114 Stat. 1654, 1654A–86; amended Pub. L. 107–107, div. A, title X, §1048(a)(30), Dec. 28, 2001, 115 Stat. 1225.)
Last modified: October 26, 2015