There is hereby established an interagency council to be known as the "Small Business Procurement Advisory Council" (hereinafter in this section referred to as the "Council").
The duties of the Council are—
(1) to develop positions on proposed procurement regulations affecting the small business community;
(2) to submit comments reflecting such positions to appropriate regulatory authorities;
(3) to conduct reviews of each Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization established under section 644(k) of this title to determine the compliance of each Office with requirements under such section;
(4) to identify best practices for maximizing small business utilization in Federal contracting that may be implemented by Federal agencies having procurement powers; and
(5) to submit, annually, to the Committee on Small Business of the House of Representatives and the Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship of the Senate a report describing—
(A) the comments submitted under paragraph (2) during the 1-year period ending on the date on which the report is submitted, including any outcomes related to the comments;
(B) the results of reviews conducted under paragraph (3) during such 1-year period; and
(C) best practices identified under paragraph (4) during such 1-year period.
The Council shall be composed of the following members:
(1) The Administrator of the Small Business Administration (or the designee of the Administrator).
(2) The Director of the Minority Business Development Agency.
(3) The head of each Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization in each Federal agency having procurement powers.
The Council shall be chaired by the Administrator of the Small Business Administration (or the designee of the Administrator).
The Council shall meet at the call of the chairman as necessary to consider proposed procurement regulations affecting the small business community.
The Federal Acquisition Regulatory Council and other appropriate regulatory authorities shall consider comments submitted in a timely manner pursuant to subsection (b)(2).
(Pub. L. 103–355, title VII, §7104, Oct. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 3369; Pub. L. 112–239, div. A, title XVI, §1692, Jan. 2, 2013, 126 Stat. 2089.)
Last modified: October 26, 2015