As used in this chapter:
(1) The term “Librarian” means the Librarian of Congress.
(2) The term “Board” means the National Recording Preservation Board.
(3) The term “sound recording” has the meaning given such term in section 101 of title 17.
(4) The term “publication” has the meaning given such term in section 101 of title 17.
(5) The term “Registry version” means, with respect to a sound recording, the version of a recording first published or offered for mass distribution whether as a publication or a broadcast, or as complete a version as bona fide preservation and restoration activities by the Librarian, an archivist other than the Librarian, or the copyright legal owner can compile in those cases where the original material has been irretrievably lost or the recording is unpublished.
(Pub. L. 106–474, title I, §131, Nov. 9, 2000, 114 Stat. 2090.)
Last modified: October 26, 2015