There shall be in the Department a Liaison for Proprietary Institutions of Higher Education, who shall be an officer of the Department appointed by the Secretary.
The Secretary shall appoint, not later than 6 months after October 7, 1998, a Liaison for Proprietary Institutions of Higher Education who shall be a person who—
(1) has attained a certificate or degree from a proprietary institution of higher education; or
(2) has been employed in a proprietary institution setting for not less than 5 years.
The Liaison for Proprietary Institutions of Higher Education shall—
(1) serve as the principal advisor to the Secretary on matters affecting proprietary institutions of higher education;
(2) provide guidance to programs within the Department that involve functions affecting proprietary institutions of higher education; and
(3) work with the Federal Interagency Committee on Education to improve the coordination of—
(A) the outreach programs in the numerous Federal departments and agencies that administer education and job training programs;
(B) collaborative business and education partnerships; and
(C) education programs located in, and involving, rural areas.
(Pub. L. 96–88, title II, §219, as added Pub. L. 105–244, title IX, §961, Oct. 7, 1998, 112 Stat. 1836.)
Last modified: October 26, 2015