(1) maintain in the North Atlantic Ocean a service of ice patrol, of study and observation of ice and current conditions, and of assistance to vessels and their crews requiring assistance within the limits of the patrol;
(2) maintain a service of study and observation of ice and current conditions in the waters affecting the set and drift of ice in the North Atlantic Ocean; and
(3) take all practicable steps to ensure the destruction or removal of derelicts in the northern part of the Atlantic Ocean, east of the line drawn from Cape Sable to a point in latitude 34 degrees north, longitude 70 degrees west, if the destruction or removal is necessary.
(1) payment to the United States Government by other countries for their proportionate share of the expense of maintaining the services; or
(2) contribution by the Government for its proportionate share if the agreement provides for another country to maintain the services.
(Pub. L. 109–304, §11, Oct. 6, 2006, 120 Stat. 1692.)
|Source (U.S. Code)||Source (Statutes at Large)|
|80301||46 App.:738.||June 25, 1936, ch. 807, §1, 49 Stat. 1922.|
Sections: Previous 70508 80101 80103 80104 80105 80106 80107 80301 80302 80303 80501 80502 80503 80504 80505 Next
Last modified: October 26, 2015