§ 10.1-1307.1. Department continued; appointment of Director
A. The Department of Air Pollution Control is continued as an agency within the Secretariat of Natural Resources. The Department shall be headed by a Director appointed by the Governor, subject to confirmation by the General Assembly, to serve at the pleasure of the Governor.
B. In addition to the powers designated elsewhere in this chapter, the Department shall have the power to:
1. Administer the policies and regulations established by the Board pursuant to this chapter;
2. Employ such personnel as may be required to carry out the duties of the Department;
3. Make and enter into all contracts and agreements necessary or incidental to the performance of the Department's duties and the execution of its powers under this chapter, including, but not limited to, contracts with the United States, other states, agencies, and governmental subdivisions of the Commonwealth;
4. Accept grants from the United States government and agencies and instrumentalities thereof and any other source. To these ends, the Department shall have the power to comply with such conditions and execute such agreements as may be necessary, convenient, or desirable; and
5. Perform all acts necessary or convenient to carry out the purposes of this chapter.
(1990, c. 238.)Sections: Previous 10.1-1302 10.1-1303 10.1-1304 10.1-1305 10.1-1306 10.1-1307 10.1-1307.01 10.1-1307.1 10.1-1307.2 10.1-1307.3 10.1-1308 10.1-1308.1 10.1-1309 10.1-1309.1 10.1-1310 Next
Last modified: April 2, 2009