§ 10.1-529.1. Duties of district directors.
In addition to other duties and powers, district directors shall:
1. Identify soil and water issues and opportunities within the district or related to the district and establish priorities for addressing these issues;
2. Seek a comprehensive understanding of the complex issues that impact soil and water, and assist in resolving the identified issues at the watershed, local, regional, state, and national levels;
3. Engage in actions that will improve soil and water stewardship by use of locally led programs;
4. Increase understanding among community leaders, including elected officials and others, of their role in soil and water quality protection and improvement;
5. Foster discussion and advancement within the community of positions and programs by their district;
6. Actively participate in the activities of the district and ensure district resources are used effectively and managed wisely; and
7. Support and promote the advancement of districts and their capabilities.
(2005, c. 73.)Sections: Previous 10.1-523 10.1-524 10.1-525 10.1-526 10.1-527 10.1-528 10.1-529 10.1-529.1 10.1-530 10.1-531 10.1-532 10.1-533 10.1-534 10.1-535 10.1-536 Next
Last modified: April 2, 2009