§ 15.2-516. Duties of county executive
The county executive shall be the administrative head of the county. He shall attend all meetings of the board and recommend such action as he deems expedient. He shall be responsible to the board for the proper administration of the affairs of the county which the board has authority to control.
He shall also:
1. Make monthly reports to the board on matters of administration, and keep the board fully advised as to the county's financial condition.
2. Submit to the board a proposed annual budget, with his recommendations, and execute the budget as finally adopted.
3. Execute and enforce all board resolutions and orders and see that all laws of the Commonwealth required to be enforced through the board or some other county officer subject to the control of the board are faithfully executed.
4. Examine regularly the books and papers of every officer and department of the county and report to the board on their condition.
5. Perform such other duties as may be required of him by the board, and as may be otherwise required of him by law.
(Code 1950, § 15-285; 1960, c. 513; 1962, c. 623, § 15.1-602; 1997, c. 587.)Sections: Previous 15.2-509 15.2-510 15.2-511 15.2-512 15.2-513 15.2-514 15.2-515 15.2-516 15.2-517 15.2-518 15.2-519 15.2-520 15.2-521 15.2-522 15.2-523 Next
Last modified: April 2, 2009