§ 54.1-3452. Schedule IV
The controlled substances listed in this section are included in Schedule IV unless specifically excepted or listed in another schedule:
1. Any material, compound, mixture, or preparation which contains any quantity of the following substances having a potential for abuse associated with a depressant effect on the central nervous system:
2. Any compound, mixture or preparation which contains any quantity of the following substances including any salts or isomers thereof:
3. Unless specifically excepted or unless listed in another schedule, any material, compound, mixture, or preparation which contains any quantity of the following substances having a stimulant effect on the central nervous system, including its salts, isomers (whether optical, position, or geometric), and salts of such isomers whenever the existence of such salts, isomers, and salts of isomers is possible within the specific chemical designation:
Pemoline (including organometallic complexes and chelates thereof);
SPA (-)-1-dimethylamino-1, 2-diphenylethane.
4. Unless specifically excepted or unless listed in another schedule, any material, compound, mixture, or preparation containing any of the following narcotic drugs, or their salts calculated as the free anhydrous base or alkaloid, in limited quantities as set forth below:
Dextropropoxyphene (alpha-(+)-4-dimethylamino-1, 2-diphenyl-3-methyl-2-propionoxy butane);
Not more than 1 milligram of difenoxin and not less than 25 micrograms of atropine sulfate per dosage unit.
5. Unless specifically excepted or unless listed in another schedule, any material, compound, mixture, or preparation which contains any quantity of the following substances, including their salts:
Butorphanol (including its optical isomers);
6. The Board may except by regulation any compound, mixture, or preparation containing any depressant substance listed in subdivision 1 from the application of all or any part of this chapter if the compound, mixture, or preparation contains one or more active medicinal ingredients not having a depressant effect on the central nervous system, and if the admixtures are included therein in combinations, quantity, proportion, or concentration that vitiate the potential for abuse of the substances which have a depressant effect on the central nervous system.
(1972, c. 798, § 54-524.84:10; 1976, c. 614; 1977, c. 302; 1978, c. 705; 1979, c. 387; 1982, c. 505; 1986, c. 463; 1988, cc. 283, 765; 1992, c. 737; 1994, c. 763; 1998, c. 105; 1999, c. 605; 2000, c. 135; 2003, c. 640; 2006, c. 346.)Sections: Previous 54.1-3445 54.1-3446 54.1-3447 54.1-3448 54.1-3449 54.1-3450 54.1-3451 54.1-3452 54.1-3453 54.1-3454 54.1-3455 54.1-3456 54.1-3457 54.1-3458 54.1-3459 Next
Last modified: April 3, 2009