§ 39.04.310. Apprenticeship training programs -- Definitions
The definitions in this section apply throughout this section and RCW 39.04.300 and 39.04.320 unless the context clearly requires otherwise.
(1) "Apprentice" means an apprentice enrolled in a state-approved apprenticeship training program.
(2) "Apprentice utilization requirement" means the requirement that the appropriate percentage of labor hours be performed by apprentices.
(3) "Labor hours" means the total hours of workers receiving an hourly wage who are directly employed on the site of the public works project. "Labor hours" includes hours performed by workers employed by the contractor and all subcontractors working on the project. "Labor hours" does not include hours worked by foremen, superintendents, owners, and workers who are not subject to prevailing wage requirements.
(4) "School district" has the same meaning as in RCW 28A.315.025.
(5) "State-approved apprenticeship training program" means an apprenticeship training program approved by the Washington state apprenticeship council.
[2007 c 437 § 1; 2005 c 3 § 2.]
Effective date -- 2005 c 3: See note following RCW 39.04.300.
Last modified: April 7, 2009