§ 39.80.020. Definitions
Unless the context clearly requires otherwise, the definitions in this section shall apply throughout this chapter.
(1) "State agency" means any department, agency, commission, bureau, office, or any other entity or authority of the state government.
(2) "Local agency" means any city and any town, county, special district, municipal corporation, agency, port district or authority, or political subdivision of any type, or any other entity or authority of local government in corporate form or otherwise.
(3) "Special district" means a local unit of government, other than a city, town, or county, authorized by law to perform a single function or a limited number of functions, and including but not limited to, water-sewer districts, irrigation districts, fire districts, school districts, community college districts, hospital districts, transportation districts, and metropolitan municipal corporations organized under chapter 35.58 RCW.
(4) "Agency" means both state and local agencies and special districts as defined in subsections (1), (2), and (3) of this section.
(5) "Architectural and engineering services" or "professional services" means professional services rendered by any person, other than as an employee of the agency, contracting to perform activities within the scope of the general definition of professional practice in chapters 18.08, 18.43, or 18.96 RCW.
(6) "Person" means any individual, organization, group, association, partnership, firm, joint venture, corporation, or any combination thereof.
(7) "Consultant" means any person providing professional services who is not an employee of the agency for which the services are provided.
(8) "Application" means a completed statement of qualifications together with a request to be considered for the award of one or more contracts for professional services.
[1999 c 153 § 55; 1981 c 61 § 2.]
Part headings not law -- 1999 c 153: See note following RCW 57.04.050.
Effective date -- 1981 c 61: See note following RCW 39.80.010.
Last modified: April 7, 2009